This is Episode #2 of the new style Expert Table Tennis Podcast! I’m joined once again by my good friend Harrie Austin-Jones and this week we’re chatting about the ultimate beginner’s guide to table tennis.
Harrie’s been playing table tennis for about two and a half years now so, in effect, I’m asking him… “If you could go back in time to when you first started; What would you tell yourself? What would you do differently? What do you think you did right?
Sponsored by… TableTennisUniversity.com
Today’s episode is sponsored by TableTennisUniversity.com (one of the other websites I run).
Table Tennis University is a revolutionary online training program created by former Chinese pro, Tao Li. It was designed to transform you into an elite, well-respected table tennis player in the shortest time possible!
Join TODAY, as a free member, and you’ll gain access to;
- 3 of the 52 video lessons
- 3 of the 148 drill demonstrations
- 3 of the 60 coach’s questions videos
TTU really is a fantastic introduction to mastering the sport of table tennis and I’m convinced that you will be blown away by both the quality of the course platform and Coach Li’s excellent instruction. Join TODAY!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why you need to find yourself a training buddy
- Whether you should buy a table tennis table for your home
- The importance of mastering the basics early on
- Whether it’s a good idea to watch and copy the professionals
- Why you MUST learn about spin and how to deal with it
- Why it’s worth starting competitive table tennis as soon as possible
- What kind of equipment a beginner needs
- What kind of training and drill a beginner should do
- Whether you should enter a difficult league or an easy league
- And loads more!
Links from this episode:
- Epic Table Tennis (Harrie’s inactive blog)
- Harrie’s Instagram
- The Best Table Tennis Bat for Beginners
- Palio Expert 2 Table Tennis Bat (Harrie’s First Bat)
- The Best Table Tennis Tables
- 6 Year Old Chinese Kid Training Table Tennis (YouTube)
- The 80/40 Rule – Setting Goals for Next Season
- Table Tennis University (with Coach Tao Li)
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to go and check out TableTennisUniversity.com (if you haven’t already) and sign up as a free member to gain access to those coaching videos.
I’ll be back with Episode #3 towards the end of May. We’re going to be doing a review of Harrie’s 2018/19 table tennis season – which is something that I think all table tennis players should do.
Do drop me an email if you’ve got questions for Harrie, or any suggestions for topics you’d like us to discuss.