This is Episode #4 of the Expert Table Tennis Podcast with Ben Larcombe and Harrie Austin-Jones. This month we’re chatting about our favourite table tennis drills!
If you’re looking to add some more table tennis drills into your training, this is the episode for you. We’ll be sharing some regular, irregular, multiball, and service/return drills.
Sponsored by… Eastfield Co.
The Eastfield Offensive is the bat that I’ve been using for the past year or so. Harrie also uses the Eastfield Offensive and so does Sam Priestley – on the rare occasions when he actually plays table tennis.
If you’d like to find out more about the Eastfield Offensive you can read my full review here.
We had a bit of a rush of sales during the first few months of 2019 and we ended up totally selling out everywhere. I’m pleased to say that we are now back in stock in the UK and Europe and we’ve got a new batch arriving in the US tomorrow.
If you’re a beginner (still developing a solid/correct technique), our lovely Eastfield Allround bat is probably a better fit for you right now.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why everyone should practice table tennis drills
- If table tennis drills will make you “too robotic”
- About some of the different types of drills
- Drill #1: Xs & Hs
- Drill #2: The Switching Drill
- Drill #3: Japanese Box Footwork
- Drill #4: Multiball Open-Ups
- Drill #5: The Falkenberg Drill
- Bonus Drill: Pushing Games
- And loads more!
Links from this episode:
- Epic Table Tennis (Harrie’s inactive blog)
- Harrie’s Instagram
- Are Table Tennis Drills a Waste of Time?
- Rhythm & Timing – Underrated Table Tennis Skills
- Eastfield Co.
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to go and check out EastfieldCo.com (if you haven’t already). We’ve got a growing range of Eastfield bats, rubbers, blades, bat cases, and t-shirts available.
I’ll be back with Episode #5 at the end of July. If you have a good idea for a topic, do send me an email!