Harrie’s not been very well this month so this is a special bonus episode of The Expert Table Tennis Podcast with Ben Larcombe. In this episode, I’m joined by Tom Lodziak for a chat about how to crush it as an adult beginner.
Like Harrie, Tom didn’t start playing table tennis until his mid-twenties. Over the past 12 years, he’s worked hard to improve his game, move up the levels, and he now competes (very well, I might add) in the top division of the Cambridge Table Tennis League.
Sponsored by… Palio by ETT
Today’s episode is sponsored by Palio and in particular their new “3.0” range of table tennis bats – made in collaboration with Expert Table Tennis.
There are three different custom-made bats, designed to suit different abilities: “Expert” (for beginners), “Master” (for intermediates) and “Legend” (for the advanced):
Harrie has been struggling with his consistency a bit recently so we’ve actually moved him back from using the Eastfield Offensive (the bat I play with) to the new Palio Legend 3.0!
Whatever your level, you should be able to find a Palio 3.0 racket that works for you.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Tom went from adult beginner to adult expert
- That it’s normal to have ups and downs
- How to bounce back from setbacks
- That talent comes in many different forms
- Why consistency is the real key to success
- The importance of thinking tactically in matches
- How to move from the bottom division to a middle division
- How to move from a middle division to the top division
- Tom’s top tips from adult beginners
- And loads more!
Links from this episode:
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to go and check out PalioETT.com and particularly their new “3.0” range of table tennis bats.
Harrie will be back with me for Episode #8 at the very end of November. We’re going to be chatting about the subject of talent in table tennis. As always, if you have a good idea for a topic, do send me an email!