Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
This is Episode #6 of the Expert Table Tennis Podcast with Ben Larcombe and Harrie Austin-Jones. This month we’re chatting about the physical side of table tennis.
Is physical training even important for table tennis? If so, what kinds of stuff should we be doing? Harrie has a background in physical power sports like rugby, sprinting and bodybuilding, so I wanted to pick his brain!
Sponsored by… TableTennisUniversity.com
Today’s episode is sponsored by TableTennisUniversity.com – a revolutionary online training program created by former Chinese pro, Tao Li.
For the next 8 days, they’re giving you $100 off their ‘Premium’ bundle!
If you’d like to purchase the entire TTU curriculum at this bargain price, all you need to do is click the link below and you’ll be taken to their site with the ‘SEPTEMBER’ discount code already applied…
This is the lowest price you’ll ever find for TTU and on top of that, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. So you can join today for $197, start watching all of their videos right now, and then if you aren’t 100% satisfied just drop them an email and they’ll give you a full refund!
This offer expires at midnight on Sunday 8th September 2019.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- That Harrie can’t click his fingers (lol)
- That you can reach a pretty high level without being particularly fit
- But you do need some basic cardio fitness to play “proper” table tennis
- How to be realistic about your physical limit/potential
- Why some styles of play require different levels of fitness
- The best types of physical training for table tennis players
- What on earth are “plyometrics”?
- Why you should probably buy yourself an agility ladder and a skipping rope
- How to add “overload” to your table tennis training
- Why you should keep your bat/racket in hand during your physical training
- Harrie’s thoughts on his upcoming 2019/20 season
- And loads more!
Links from this episode:
- Epic Table Tennis (Harrie’s inactive blog)
- Harrie’s Instagram
- Physical Training for Table Tennis
- Table Tennis Players Height, Weight and BMI
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Table Tennis Fitness & Train Like an Athlete!
- 12 Physical Training Tips for Table Tennis Players – by Werner Schlager
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to go and check out TableTennisUniversity.com (before the $100 off voucher expires on Sunday 8th September).
And it would be amazing if you could support this podcast by sharing it with your friends, subscribing on iTunes, and leaving us an honest iTunes Podcast review.
We’ll be back with Episode #7 at the very end of September. As always, if you have a good idea for a topic, do send me an email!