This is Episode #3 of the new style Expert Table Tennis Podcast! This month we’re doing an end-of-season review of Harrie’s table tennis season and setting goals for 2019/20.
We break the year up into three phases; pre-season (May-August), first-half (September-December), and second-half (January-April). We also speak in terms of process, performance, and outcome goals – I explain what that means in the episode.
Sponsored by… TableTennisUniversity.com
Today’s episode is sponsored by TableTennisUniversity.com (one of the other websites I run).
Table Tennis University is a revolutionary online training program created by former Chinese pro, Tao Li. It was designed to transform you into an elite, well-respected table tennis player in the shortest time possible!
Join TODAY, as a free member, and you’ll gain access to;
- 3 of the 52 video lessons
- 3 of the 148 drill demonstrations
- 3 of the 60 coach’s questions videos
TTU really is a fantastic introduction to mastering the sport of table tennis and I’m convinced that you will be blown away by both the quality of the course platform and Coach Li’s excellent instruction. Join TODAY!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Harrie views his 2018/19 table tennis season
- Whether he played as much as he wanted to
- What his favourite weekly training session is and why
- Which areas of his game improved the most this year
- Which aspects have been letting him down performance-wise
- The styles/players Harrie likes and dislikes playing against
- How he did in the Maidstone and Medway leagues
- What his plans are for pre-season summer training
- And loads more!
Links from this episode:
- Epic Table Tennis (Harrie’s inactive blog)
- Harrie’s Instagram
- The 80/40 Rule – Setting Goals for Next Season
- Are You Doing What You Think You’re Doing?
- 5 Tips to Help You Thrive in the New Table Tennis Season
- Maidstone Table Tennis League
- Medway Table Tennis League
- Table Tennis University (with Coach Tao Li)
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to go and check out TableTennisUniversity.com (if you haven’t already) and sign up as a free member to gain access to those coaching videos.
I’ll be back with Episode #4 towards the end of June. If you have a good idea for a topic, do send me an email!