Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Daniel Ives is the founder of TableTennisDaily, one of the most popular table tennis websites in the world. I actually used to play against him as a junior in tournaments and county matches (he would always win), so I’ve known Dan for some time.
In January 2015 he travelled to Beijing, China with STIGA to film a four-part documentary series called ‘STIGA Presents The Journey Through Chinese Table Tennis’, which you can watch here. I decided to get Dan on the show to talk about his experiences and share some of what he discovered about Chinese table tennis.
This is Part 2 (you can listen to Part 1 here) and covers Dan’s trips to the Chinese National Training Center to meet the Chinese National Team and his conclusions from the visit.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- At what age players are accepted into the Chinese National Team.
- What it is like inside the Chinese National Training Center.
- The kind of training routines the players go through.
- What life is like for the 88 men and women that make up the squad of players.
- Dan’s opinion as to why China are able to dominate the sport of table tennis.
- How we can learn from the Chinese structure in our own clubs and leagues.
Links from this episode:
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for joining us. I really hope you enjoyed the show.
As we are a fairly new podcast it would really help us out if you could go and leave us an honest review on iTunes. It’s very simple to do and will help us to get noticed in the crowded world of podcasting.
A big thank you to Dan for joining me on these past two episodes. I’ll have ETT #7 ready for you in one weeks time!