Sam Dance is a member of The Expert Table Tennis Academy (my online community) and has a fascinating table tennis story to share that includes some karaoke, Patrick Franziska (a professional German table tennis player), and lots of local league table tennis.
From time to time I like to share the real life story of an ETT Academy member. I always find these really inspiring and I know you guys enjoy them too. Sam is the fifth ETT Academy member to be brave enough to join me on the podcast for an interview!
Sam Dance Interview
I don’t want to give too much away, but this interview is roughly split into two halves. In the first part, Sam shares his table tennis story so that we can get to know him a little better. In the second part, I ask Sam a number of different questions about his training, his competitive results, and some of the lessons he’s learned from getting back into serious table tennis.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How and when Sam first started playing table tennis [1:45]
- Why Sam and his twin brother improved so quickly [5:00]
- What caused Sam to stop playing table tennis [8:00]
- How Sam got into the entertainment industry [11:00]
- Who won when Sam played Patrick Franziska [14:45]
- What happened when Sam starting playing again [21:00]
- How the game has changed at the local level [26:00]
- What Sam’s weekly training and coaching looks like [27:30]
- Sam’s future table tennis goals [34:15]
- A top tip from Sam’s table tennis experience [36:00]
Links from this episode:
Sponsored by TTU
The Expert Table Tennis Podcast is sponsored by TableTennisUniversity.com!
Table Tennis University offers revolutionary online table tennis courses from the world’s leading coaches, including; Tao Li, Brian Pace, Samson Dubina, Tom Lodziak, Scott Armstrong, and many others.
Their excellent instruction will help you to develop new winning skills, break old bad habits, bust through frustrating plateaus, and play the best table tennis of your life.
Tao Li’s 12-part Basics Mastery course is a great place to start. And best of all… it’s completely FREE!
It’s time to turbocharge your table tennis education. Enroll TODAY!
Thanks for listening!
I really enjoyed speaking to Sam Dance and hearing from a real ETT Academy member. I always find these episodes really inspiring and I know you guys enjoy listening to them too. Here are four previous interviews…
- Rory Scott: Expert in a Year Mark II (July 2015)
- Adam Gittings: Hard Work Pays Off (September 2015)
- Tom Lodziak: Training at the Werner Schlager Academy (October 2015)
- Nick Ryder: Making a Comeback After 20 Years (January 2016)
For those of you that don’t know, The Expert Table Tennis Academy is my online community of over 5,000 table tennis players, from all over the world, who share the same goal; to improve their table tennis. It’s 100% FREE to join!
We also have The Expert Table Tennis Academy Facebook Group with over 1,000 members. It’s a great place to freely communicate and discuss strategies for improving your table tennis with other like-minded individuals.
Join the group and get involved!
Please share the show
I know that lots of you guys are regularly sharing the podcast with other table tennis players all over the world. I just want to say thanks for all the help you’ve given me already! Please continue to support the show and subscribe on iTunes, leave us an honest iTunes Podcast review, share this episode on Facebook or Twitter, or simply just mention it to a friend. I appreciate your help so much!
I’ll be back in a month with Episode #42 – to be released 1st April 2017. As I mention in the show, I’m hoping to be joined by Patrick Franziska to chat about his table tennis career and his new “SpinFit” venture.